Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Choosing The Teaching Profession

Throughout my entire life, I have been lucky enough to be blessed to have been taught by many great teachers. Needless to say, my Physical Education teachers have been some of the most influential teachers that I have had. This is why I have chosen to pursue the profession of a Physical Educator. Throughout my schooling, many of my Physical Education teachers have been my coaches as well. This is one reason why they had so much more of an influence on my life. I would also like to coach as well as teach once I become a teacher.

When I decided that I wanted to become a teacher, there were many factors that contributed to the decision. The Physical Education teaching profession can be an extremely rewarding profession. Everyone knows that if you go into the teaching profession, it is not for the money because teachers, in most cases, do not make a lot of money. There are so many more aspects of teaching that are appealing; some being working with young children, the subject area that is being taught, the influence of family, or possibly being able to have an influence on children's lives. The last of these is almost a guarantee in teaching. Students come to school for about 6 hours a day, and if you coach, you can add another 2 hours on to that. School is, in most cases, the second place, behind their home, where they spend the majority of their day; hence why teachers can have a huge impact on a child's life.

My main reason for choosing Physical Education was because of my love of playing sports as well as a variety of other different lifetime physical activities. I would love to be able to help young children develop the skills and knowledge that is needed for them to partake in sports and lifetime activities. It is very rewarding to see young children have fun being physically active with their family and friends.

Along with giving them the skills needed to physically perform the skills of the activity that they pursue, I really want to show them the benefits of physical activity and also what the negatives are of not being physically active. I hope that when they learn the benefits of physical activity and why it is important, they will pass that on to their family members and friends and a chain effect will occur where everyone is helping everyone become physically active and more knowledgeable about physical activity. This is one of my highest goals as a teacher and Physical Educator. It is very important to set goals as a teacher, for yourself, for your students, as well as possibly for the school as a whole or in the community.

There are many more reasons why I decided to chose the teaching profession, these named were just a few. For children to have a good positive role model to look up to and rely on is very important to me and I believe that I can be this for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment